Monday, October 8, 2012

a very fulfilling trip



Since I planned to upload the photos I took in Ifugao per category (yes category lol), I will first write my entire experience in Ifugao; from the very first night we left Baguio to the night we got stranded in Ifugao. 

We left Baguio last September 22.We had a night trip to avoid the expected traffic. But then again, there was still traffic in Nueva Vizcaya (I am not really sure it is in NV because I am seriously falling asleep every 5 minutes). But still, I guess we had a very good trip going to Ifugao. I think we arrived there 5 in the morning. Again, Hannah’s mother cooked our breakfast. Having a good breakfast in a good place is one of the best moments I will treasure.  For our first day, we planned to rest first and enjoy the beauty of the place. Then in the afternoon, we went to the house of our subject to interview their parents. We didn’t expect the 45-minute tricycle drive from town to the house of the children. But still, the travel I time was worth it because of the scenery we found on our way there. For our interview, I guess we were successful in getting all the information we need to have. Personally, I really felt that those people need some help from those who are capable of giving.  Honestly, I am financially stable I will try to help them. By the end of the day we completed all our tasks and had a great dinner with Hannah’s family. 

The second day was the most productive day we had. We completed the shots we need for our sponsorship video then we had a chance to play and talk with the students of the school where we were conducting our research. I really had fun hanging out with those cute little kids. You can really see in their faces that they are enjoying their stay in the school.
The only thing I don’t like during our stay in Ifugao was the time I got sick. I was really feeling horrible on our last night. And unfortunately, when were about to go back to Baguio we found out that there was no bus going back to Baguio after 8 in the evening. So we road on a bus going to Manila then we went down to Nueva Ecija and waited for a bus going to Baguio. We were still lucky that time because we did not wait for a long time. Thank God. We arrived in Baguio safely. 

All in all, our trip was very fulfilling. It was nice thinking that we are making a way for those people who are really in need so that others can see and hopefully help them

No comments:

Post a Comment